Monday, July 12, 2010

My Version of Thai Kitchen's Green Curry Chicken with Basil

Thai Kitchen's Recipe for Green Curry Chicken can be found at this website: http://www.thaikitchen.com/Recipes/Chicken-Beef-and-Pork/Green-Curry-Chicken-with-Basil.aspx.

By experimenting, I created my version of the recipe by marinading the chicken with creamy ceasar salad dressing. I was going to use the marinaded chicken to make lunch for my wife.

I learned to first marinade chicken from a college mate who drenched chicken with creamy Italian dressing. I then decided to use Ceasar as I like the taste better.

I thought now, how am I going to do this? To use the drenched Ceasar chicken for Thai Kitchen Green Curry Chicken with Basil reipe sounded so wrong as I can't have Ceasar and Curry fighting over who would be the best sauce! I wanted to have Curry win of course. So, I took the cooked but awesomely moist chicken under cold water and washed off the dripping Ceasar dressing. The chicken still had Ceasar flavor but only lightly. When my wife found out I was using the lunch to be chicken for this recipe, she did not have much faith in the outcome. Well, to be honest, I did not either but that is what makes cooking so fun is to experiment new creations in your own kitchen! So I gambled to see what was it going to be, at least edible, I hoped.

I also wanted the dish to be more creamy and spicy so I added heavy whipping cream with 2 seeded yellow hot caribe peppers. I had no idea what the peppers do to your skin if you use your fingers to dig out the seeds!!! What a burning sensation! I thought I was going to be a healer! Ouch!

Well, to my wife's surprise, she stated this has been the best dish I ever made for dinner. To my surprise, I agreed. My wife said she liked to have that bit of taste of Ceasar when eating it. We both loved the Thai green curry chicken at a small Thai restaurant in the city of Limerick so much that we went back twice to order the same dish! Now, we can have the dish in our very home! If you do plan to go to Ireland and would like to try the restaurant, here is the website: http://www.bambu.ie/


Have a wonderful Thai moment! :)

1 comment:

  1. for great flavor in these dishes and extra heat, try putting in a few drops of Sriracha Sauce - it is commonly found in just about any of the international foods section in the grocery store. I keep a bottle of it in my fridge all the time and add it to soups, dips and of course, asian cooking! MMM!!!

    ReplyDelete