Monday, July 12, 2010

Mom's delicious Egg Salad Sandwich


Mom used Hellman's Mayonnaise, pepper, and egg yolks. Mom knew just how much mayonnaise to use which was always awesome. She separated the egg whites and gave them to both my brother and me as we liked to eat them with a bit of salt.


Interesting, today, when I make egg salad, I follow every step Mom took except I just leave the egg whites in with the yolks for I guess I do not have much of a taste for egg whites and it is much easier for me to just keep them together.


Because I grew up with Hellman's, I do not have any tolerance for any other mayonnaise. To me, Hellman's is mayonnaise.


1 comment:

  1. I agree with the Hellmans (Best Foods brand for those West Coasters!). I think it is the best out there and nothing compares!!!

    ReplyDelete